Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just a Quick Statement

It may be bold to say that I am one of the few people of my class who have actually taken photo courses. I have taken darkroom class, working with black and white 35 mm film, digital classes, I've used photo shop and I am currently taking a class specifically for lighting. These are only a few of the classes I have taken over the past 3 and a half years that I've been in college.

I have the experience in shooting and being able to see the world in pictures, I am able to look at a situation and know right away whether or not it would make for a good picture.

There isn't always a meaning behind a photo. As an artist my work is supposed to provoke an emotion and an opinion. My photos show my interests but I am more than what my photos portray. I am not a big fan of editing a photo to the point where it doesn't look natural. For example the editing that goes into magazine shoots to make a person look 10lbs lighter. A photo should be natural and stay fairly close to the way it was originally shot.

Composition and lighting especially lighting is what makes for an amazing photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment